Lid, I love chickens, too….real ones or fake ones…I still remember those live colored Easter chicks from when I was a little girl, but I don’t remember ever having one of them…Actually, now, it seems kind of cruel to dye those poor chicks… I wonder if they still do that…
1. How do you feel about the marshmallow Easter Peeps? I like them, but they are not something that I like to eat a lot of. I usually buy and eat one package every Easter…sort of like a tradition! I am partial to the yellow ones…
2. Chickens are notoriously nervous creatures. When you are nervous, what is the best way to calm down? A nerve pill??? No, seriously, I don’t take those… I don’t have a “best way“…I am nervous by nature, so it’s tough to calm down…taking a deep breath and saying a prayer is sometimes helpful. At night when I am too wound up to sleep, soothing music helps to calm me…I like guitar music best.
3. People say, “April showers bring May flowers.” Do you enjoy Spring rains? Yes, I do enjoy spring rains, because they settle the pollen. I have been suffering with allergies for the past few years–pine pollen! I also love flowers, and nothing makes them grow like rain water does.
4. When I was randomly flipping through TV channels this week, I saw a show in which tattoo parlor employees received tattoos of a co-worker’s face on their bodies. I can’t imagine having a portrait of a colleague tattooed on me. But if someone forced you to receive a portrait tattoo (face only) of anyone, who would it be? Why? If I was forced to have a face tattooed on me, I would hope it would be my husband’s face…but even that doesn’t appeal to me…. I can’t imagine having a co-worker’s face on my body–that’s just crazy!
5. Would you rather have a tattoo (any kind) or a nose ring? Am I allowed to say NEITHER? If I HAD to pick one, it would have to be a tattoo…nose rings make me cringe–along with any piercings other than earrings. I don’t care for tattoos either–sorry, I’m just old-fashioned. I hate to think of all of those wrinkled bodies in a few years–with wrinkled tattoos on them…UGH
6. Do you have any special plans for Easter? Yes, I am baking a turkey, and having our family over for lunch. I also plan to have an egg hunt for our two grandchildren–and our grown children/spouses after lunch. I plan to stuff the eggs with money, candy, and funny insults (for fun), and my hubby and I will hide them–just like the good old days!
7. Cadbury Eggs or Reese Eggs? Man, I will seem like a fuddy-duddy today, but I don’t really care for either…if I have to choose, I’d pick Reese’s Eggs. My favorite Easter candies are jelly beans and chocolate covered marshmallow bunnies.
8. What was the last thing/person you took a picture of? My little 15 month old grandson, while he spent the afternoon with me yesterday. I got a precious picture of him while he was napping. He makes such a cute model to photograph…but difficult to capture ’cause he’s always moving…
9. What book are you reading now, or what was the last one? I just finished reading “A Walk To Remember” by Nicholas Sparks For some reason, I am “on a roll” reading Nicholas Sparks novels…I’m about to begin “The Last Song”…anyone out there have any kleenex??? By the way, this is totally random, but the movie The Last Song was filmed on nearby Tybee Island beach… here in Georgia!
10. What do you think is the most difficult task when it comes to Spring cleaning? For me, it’s cleaning windows, ceiling fans, and wiping down walls–that’s why it doesn’t get done every spring! All of these things are waiting to be done…any volunteers out there???
11. How many pairs of flip-flops do you own? Probably three. I prefer regular Crocs over flip-flops, but I do have some Croc flip-flops. My last favorite pair of flip-flops(not Crocs) caused me to trip and fall down the steps–I landed right out in the yard–not a pretty sight–and my daughter witnessed the whole thing! Luckily, the only thing bruised was my pride… I threw those shoes away after that!
12. Which color makes you happiest? I don’t know if it makes me happy or not, but I love the color red!
Thanks to Lid at http://www.2nd-cup-of-coffee.blogspot.com for hosting this fun meme. Cut and paste the questions, answer them, then hop over to Lid’s place to join in the fun. She hosts Random Dozen every Wednesday! Thanks for stopping by….Kathy