1. Caesar Salad or Garden Salad? I tried Caesar Salad once, and I didn’t care for it much. I guess that means I’m a Garden Salad girl!
2. Will you be watching the Royal Wedding on April 29th? I don’t know… probably not. I’m not very interested in the Royal Family these days. If I do watch, I’ll record it, then fast-forward through the boring parts.
3. Last thing you spent lots of money on? Our leather living room furniture.
4. Window seat or aisle seat? I prefer to sit beside the window, so I can see outside. I’ve never ridden on a train or a plane–only a school bus, lots of times, and I always got stuck on the aisle. Speaking of riding on a bus…have you ever ridden on a school bus, on a field trip, with about forty-five noisy, smelly kids??? You’d remember it if you did! I did ride a greyhound bus once–to Florida. It only took us ten hours to make a seven hour trip!
5. Do you know your blood type? Yes, I do. It’s A positive.
A large portion of our Saturday was spent relaxing on our daughter’s front porch, visiting with all three of our grown children. What a fun time we had just talking about “the good old days”! Our children are funny, and quite entertaining whenever they all get together! I’m a firm believer that families should spend more time together on the porch!
It’s always like going home again whenever we all meet up at our daughter’s house, because her house was our former home. It’s the place where my husband and I raised our family. It was our home for over thirty years. Isn’t it neat that our daughter is raising her daughter in the same house that she was raised in???
Has anyone seen the new show on TLC called “Extreme Couponing”? I sure hope I never get behind one of those extreme shoppers in the check out line! Speaking of couponing–with the economy like it is, I suspect we will be seeing a lot more coupon shoppers. I’ve started printing and clipping coupons again, after many years of not using them. I saved about twenty-five dollars this weekend by using coupons. My savings were meager compared to the shoppers on “Extreme Couponing”, but I have twenty-five more dollars left in my wallet thanks to those coupons!
On Saturday evening, I decided it was probably time to make the Easter goodie bags for the grandchildren, and to stuff the plastic eggs for next weekend’s egg hunt. About the time I got all of the goodies spread out, I looked up and our granddaughter, Madison was walking through the door! I had my husband quickly “shoo” her out of the door before she saw her goodies. Then about thirty minutes later my husband said, “I see car lights!” I had to quickly scramble to get everything hidden and put away before the other grandchild, Caden, walked in the door. I never did get all of my eggs filled…I think I’ll lock the door and close the blinds before I make a second attempt!
We managed to finish painting our front porch over the weekend, and it looks so much better. Now if only the porch would stay clean and pretty. It’s a nice thought, but with two dogs and a dozen cats, “it ain’t going to happen…” I still have to find time to put a new coat of paint on the rocking chairs. On Sunday, we actually managed to spend some time sitting on our porch, too!
I have another funny story to share with you concerning the “drive thru”. This one is almost as good as the last one at Dairy Queen–when the girl tried to give us a shrimp basket instead of a hot fudge sundae and a milkshake.
This time my husband and I stopped at MacDonald’s for a couple of those one-dollar hot fudge sundaes. Hubby pulls up to the drive-thru and says “I’d like two hot fudge sundaes”.
The girl on the speaker says “You want two fruity yogurt parfaits?” (What??? I’m dying in the passenger seat again)
Hubby says, “No, I want two hot fudge sundaes.”
Girl on speaker says, “Sir, we don’t have hot fudge yogurt parfaits.”
Hubby says, “I don’t want parfaits, I want sundaes.”
Girl on speaker, “We don’t have hot fudge, we only have chocolate and strawberry…”
Hubby, “Well give us two chocolates.”
We drive around to the window, and while I am dying…What does the girl at the window hand us??? Two hot fudge sundaes–just like we wanted in the first place!
I think I’m going to have to forbid my husband from ordering anymore at the drive-thru…My heart simply can’t stand it!