Welcome to Joyce’s first May edition of Wednesday Hodgepodge! She ALWAYS creates a wonderful “hodgepodge” of questions for us to answer, and compare answers with each other! Thanks, Joyce!
Here are the questions for this week:
1. Have you ever been served breakfast in bed? Do you enjoy that? If someone were serving you breakfast in bed this coming weekend what would you hope to see on the tray? The only time I’ve ever been served breakfast in bed was when I was a patient in the hospital, but somehow I don’t think that’s quite what Joyce had in mind…However, my hubby makes breakfast for us every weekend–whatever I want! My favorite breakfast is scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast, but I don’t care a thing about having it served to me in bed.
2. What is one piece of advice you would give a new mother? Enjoy your little one, they grow up way too fast.
3. When was the last time you wanted to scream? Yesterday! I rode with my husband to take his 88-year-old mother to the audiologist. About two months ago, she began having major difficulty hearing, probably due to another pin stroke. My husband has a bit of a hearing problem as well, but refuses to admit it. Riding in the car with the two of them was pure torture! Neither of them could hear or understand what the other one was saying, so everything had to be repeated twice (and louder)…Meanwhile, I was trapped in the backseat watching all of this take place. I just wanted to scream! The good news is…Ed’s mother is getting hearing aids for both ears next week!
4. Can you hula hoop? Funny that you should ask! I bought a hula hoop summer before last because I wanted to learn to hula hoop again. The answer to the question is, NO! I can’t hula hoop anymore.
5. What is something people do in traffic that really bothers you? I get annoyed whenever a driver pulls out in front of me! I get even more annoyed when the driver then proceeds to turn off immediately after he’s pulled out in front of me!!!
6. What do you do when people don’t admit they’re wrong? I get frustrated, then I get mad, then I get over it.
7. What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word ‘fun’? Vacation! Unfortunately, it’s something that I’m not going to be having much of this summer…sniff, sniff.
Random thought: I’m having serious doubts and questions about this Osama bin Laden thing…I’m having trouble believing some of these stories that I’ve been hearing on the news. I smell a rat. A bell went off, in my head, whenever I heard that his body had been buried at sea so quickly…and that was just the first bell, of many.