It’s time for my weekly dose of “hodgepodge”. By now, you probably know the drill. Just click on Joyce’s cute button above, if you would like to play along, or to see the list of other participants. Thanks, once again, to Joyce, for providing seven great, thought-provoking questions, and for hosting!
1. What reveals more about a woman-her refrigerator or her purse? Neither my refrigerator or my purse is very exciting these days! If I still worked outside of the home, I’d answer “my purse”, because in those days I always kept a little bit of everything with me! I had a mini sewing kit, a toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, and a cosmetic bag that served as a mini medicine cabinet( filled with band aids, creams, anti-diarreah meds, Tylenol, urinary tract relief, mini pads,– even a spare pair of underwear!) My motto has always been ” be prepared”!
2. When was the last time you went to the zoo? Where? What’s your favorite zoo animal? The last time I went to the zoo was exactly three years ago this month. My husband and I went to the Jacksonville Zoo (in Florida), along with granddaughter, Madison, and her parents. It was Madison’s first trip to the zoo. As for a favorite animal, I’ve always liked giraffes, zebras, and monkeys the best.
3. What social issue fires you up? Oh my! “Healthcare Reform” and “Social Security Reform”–for the obvious reasons! Thanks to the government’s meddling, our insurance now costs an arm and a leg, and isn’t worth a plug nickel! Now, after my husband and I have worked and paid in social security to the government for over forty years, the government is saying there isn’t going to be any money for us! I’m fired up just writing about it!
4. Are you a coupon clipper? If so, are you extreme? Yes, I am a coupon clipper, but I’m not extreme. I use on-line coupons, and in-store coupons if I have them, but I don’t dumpster dive to collect coupons–nor do I buy a shopping cart full of one item!
5. What is one of your favorite souvenirs brought back from your travels? It’s a wooden paddle that says “The Board of Education”. I bought it in St. Augustine, Fla. at an old historic schoolhouse. The souvenier appealed to me because I’m old-fashioned, and I miss the days when teachers had paddles, and actually used them!
6. Lemon meringue or key lime? Lemon meringue.
7. What is the most beautiful word you know in any language? Love
Random- Lately, I’ve been making photo books at Shutterfly.com. I use my own photos, then write stories to go along with them. I’m currently working on a photo book filled with pictures from trips that our granddaughter has been on with her family. I just happened to have the zoo photos handy, so I’m going to share a few of them.
This is Madison and her daddy at the zoo. She is pointing to one of the zoo animals. She was only about 18 months old at the time, so of course, she loved all kinds of animals!
This is the giraffe feeding station. We fed the giraffes leaves…and discovered that they have the longest tongues that we’ve ever seen! It was almost scary!
We took a quick time out from looking at the animals, for a carousel ride on a zebra! Madison seemed to like this ride. That’s my daughter (and Madison’s mom) standing beside the zebra.
Last, but not least, a photo of one of my favorites…the zebra. I wasn’t able to get a very good photo of the monkeys. Looking at these photos makes me realize how quickly time is passing. Madison is a very busy 4 1/2 year old today! Thanks for sharing my walk down memory lane today!