Thanks to Joyce for another great set of “hodgepodge” questions. Would you like to play along? Then click the button at the top of this post! Let the fun begin…
1. What is one thing on your bucket list? If you don’t have a bucket list let’s pretend you do. I do have a “bucket list”, but the only thing on it at the moment is to go someplace where the water is crystal clear, and there are beautiful white sandy beaches. Our side of the ocean isn’t clear, it’s murky and gray. Any suggestions as to where I should go?
2. What makes a good dad? Someone exactly like my husband! Whenever our children were little, he was never too tired or too busy for them. He had the patience of Job. He helped give them baths, brushed their teeth, helped with their homework, and so much more. When they were sick, he helped care for them. He did the things I wasn’t brave enough to do–like holding them while they got iv’s or taking them to have wisdom teeth removed. He went to every doctor’s appointment with us! He’s always been there for his children, no matter what. Even now that the children are grown and married, he’s the first one there when they need help, a port in their storm. He would give them the food off his plate, the shirt off his back, or his last dollar, if they needed it, and I think they all know that.
3. Are you afraid of insects? Which ones? I’m not as afraid as I used to be, but I still don’t like a praying mantis or a flying cock roach!
4. We’re barbecuing…what’s on the grill at your house? We grill hamburgers and hot dogs most often, followed by chicken, then ribs or a good steak every once in a while! We use our grill(s) a lot, and hubby is a good cook.
5. Do you believe that playing is more important than winning? Yes, I do. I just wish everyone else felt the same way.
6. Do you tan? Use self tanners? Visit tanning salons? See your dermatologist at least once a year? I have to avoid getting a lot of sun exposure because one of the medications that I have to take makes me sun sensitive. I use a mild tanning lotion during the summer, and I sit in the shade a lot. I’ve never seen a dermatologist.
7. Five years ago I would never imagine that today I would be blogging–on a computer! I used to afraid to go near a computer, but here I am, putting my thoughts on two different blogs–on a computer! Two years, two months, and counting… This post will be the 667th one on this blog. “MiMi’s Mini Tales” has 440 posts. That’s a lot of thoughts, memes, and stories!
Random: OMG! Brad came by last night, and shared a story that almost gave me a heart attack. He told me that, on Monday night, while he and Jennifer were talking with the preacher who is performing the wedding ceremony, they discovered a conflict over the use of the church social hall for their rehearsal supper!
Another event isn’t being held that same evening, but some ladies of the church were planning to decorate the social hall that evening for an upcoming baby shower. The conflict is being taken care of, thank goodness. I nearly died at the thought that we might not have a place to eat!!!!
Actually, now that I think about it, that sort of happened to us with our other son’s wedding. The annual church revival was in progress that week, so we had to rent another place to have the rehearsal supper, and then work the rehearsal time around revival time so we’d be out of the church before people began arriving for church! Aren’t weddings fun? It’s all about the details…