Hey! The Hodgepodge turns 40 today! I can’t believe we’ve been meeting here, with Joyce as our leader, for 40 weeks already! It seems like just yesterday…but these days, most things do! Time’s a wastin’ so let’s hop on into today’s questions.
1. Using what’s in your frig right now what sort of meal would you be able to make for guests who are knocking at the front door this very minute? Ha! Ha! It’s the Wednesday before I grocery shop on (every other) Friday, so my guests are in trouble! They could have their choice of eggs, bacon, and cheese, two slices of left-over frozen pizza (yuck), or a bowl of left-over peas–with a side order of carrot sticks or grapes!
2. What is something about yourself that you hope will change but that probably never will? My lack of interest in cooking. I miss the days of actually enjoying preparing meals for my family…it has to be done, why can’t it be fun?!
3. What’s something about yourself that you hope will never change? My strong conscience and good morals, without those, I wouldn’t be the person I am.
4. Do you usually send serious or funny greeting cards? Why? I usually choose an even amount of both. I love finding cards that express exactly what I’m thinking and feeling at that moment. Sometimes it’s funny, sometimes it’s serious, depending on my mood.
5. Bird watching, shell gathering, or star gazing- your choice for whiling away the hours? I love bird watching! We have a bird feeder outside of our picture window, and I love watching the birds come to dine! Birds can be quite entertaining. Of course, shell gathering comes in a very close second, because, in my opinion, the sea shore is a wonderful place to be!
6. Do you double or triple check things? If so, what? I double-check everything! Like making sure the door is locked, the iron is unplugged, no items left behind, etc. I drive myself crazy when we go off on trips! When I worked, I double checked my paperwork for errors! I also double-check my blog posts before I publish them.
7. What’s your favorite place for people watching? The beach! We have seen some very unusual things this summer, while people watching at the beach.
Like the woman who photographed herself, and her two daughters, in various poses on the beach–while totally ignoring her husband and son. It was like watching a girls’ mini photo session on the beach–they twisted, they turned, they posed. No photos were taken of the husband and son though!
Then there was the guy behind us, in red swim trunks, drinking beer. Every few minutes, this guy would come from behind us, walk out into the ocean and stand for a few minutes, then walk back to his spot on the beach, sit down, and drink more beer…We were pretty sure he was “relieving himself”…Ugh, really makes you want to go swimming, huh? For the record, we didn’t get in the water!
Random: Finally! Some of Brad and Jennifer’s wedding photos have been released by the photographer. Here are a few of my favorites…
Speaking of the newlywed couple…Jennifer’s aunt passed away on Monday. Jennifer is traveling, this week, with some of her family to Michigan to attend the funeral. Brad’s on his own for the rest of the week. He had to stay home and work. Awww…