It’s been a while, but Java has started her “Meet Me On Monday” meme again, so I’m joining with her again. It’s good to get back to the routine. Thanks, Java. I’ll post and answer the questions, then tell a little about my weekend at the end.
1. I can’t stand when someone …lies to me on purpose. It’s a pet peeve of mine.
2. Do you do daily, weekly or monthly grocery shopping? I shop every other week, usually on Fridays–and I get “sticker shock” each time I enter the grocery store! The prices are getting ridiculous!
3. What kind of car do you drive? I drive a 2001 PT Cruiser, and I still love it–even after all these years.
4. Crunchy or soft tacos? Crunchy only! I just can’t make myself like the soft ones.
5. What’s the habit your proudest of breaking? Biting my fingernails. I have to keep them trimmed to the tips of my fingers though. Everytime I break one, I still get the urge to bite!
It’s been a busy and tiring weekend. Saturday was our daughter, Brandy’s, birthday. I decided I’d cook her a birthday dinner on Sunday, since she and her family were out of town on Saturday. This decision required me having to fight the Saturday crowds to purchase the necessary supplies…It was a madhouse out there! I’m glad I don’t have to fight Saturday crowds very often.
Most of Sunday was spent in the kitchen, but everyone seemed to enjoy getting together and having some of mama’s Sunday dinner. They don’t get that opportunity very often these days. In fact, I so seldom cook, I’m losing my touch. That’s a scary thought!
Unfortunately, Brad and Jennifer weren’t able to join the rest of us for Brandy’s birthday dinner, and we missed them! As the family grows, it’s getting harder to juggle getting everyone together at the same time. Lately, we seem to be averaging two out of three families, but I can’t complain since we still see everybody a couple of times weekly, even if not all at the same time.
I began having computer issues last week. I stopped being able to leave comments on some blogs. Thank heaven for computer-savy sons! Brett suggested that I download Google Chrome. He helped me download it, and what a difference it made in my computer! It’s faster, and I can leave comments again! Yay! Thanks, Brett.
The weekend weather was “picture-perfect” here. The evenings were cool, but the days were sunny and warm. I did resort to turning on the heat Sunday morning when the temps dipped to 45 degrees. Such good sleeping weather! I hope we have a lot more of this kind of weather before it turns cloudy and cold. I love fall, but I don’t care much for winter!
So how about you, how did you spend your weekend? I hope it was a good one.