1. What’s your favorite meal to serve on a chilly autumn evening? On chilly evenings, I like to serve chili, along with hot dogs or grilled cheese sandwiches. My other favorite is homemade vegetable beef soup and cornbread. Yum…
2. Are you a creature of habit? Explain. Oh yes, I am a creature of habit. Those who know me best, know that. I hate any type of change, and I will often resist at first. However, I usually come around in the end. Being resistant to change, sometimes makes life harder than it has to be…
3. What food product (no longer readily available) do you remember and miss from days gone by? When Ed and I were first married and lived in the city, one of the bakeries there made the most delicious lemon cheese cake I’ve ever eaten! We discovered this cake through social functions at the hospital we both worked for. The frosting on their lemon cheese cake could be either lemon or fluffy white. I preferred the fluffy white kind. Ed sought out the bakery, and ordered one of those cakes for my 21st birthday( a l-o-n-g time ago). I often think about how delicious those cakes used to be–and I’d love to taste it once more. I wonder if that bakery still exists.
4. What’s something you’ve lost that you’ve never been able to find? Any theories as to what happened? I have lost my youthful appearance and girlish figure! My theory is this–my girlish figure was stolen away by my three children when they were housed inside of my body. I haven’t been able to find that girlish figure since the last 10 pounder left 26 years ago. A time or two I came close to finding it, but I kept getting pregnant again. My youthful appearance disappeared while rearing those same three children. It’s stressful raising teenagers!
5. Zoo~circus~ carnival…your favorite? Although I can no longer ride the rides, there is nothing like a carnival, in my opinion. The lights, the rides, the food, the exhibits, those tempting games…and it only comes around once a year!
6. What song makes you feel instantly happy? Knee Deep In Paradise by the Zac Brown Band and Jimmy Buffett. I smile and remember times spent relaxing on the beach every time I hear it played.
7. To what extent are you an argumentative person? I used to be a lot more argumentative than I am these days. I used to think that my way was the best way! With age comes wisdom, so these days I’m more willing to sit and listen. I try to avoid arguments if at all possible.
Random: I don’t usually find much on television that I enjoy watching these days. I’ve watched a few of the new fall shows, and I have finally found a show that I like and enjoy. It’s a new drama on ABC called “Revenge”, and it comes on Wednesday nights at 10 o’clock. It’s only been on twice, but I’m totally captivated. What’s it about? Just what the title says…revenge.