Happy Hump Day! It’s time for the 48th volume of Joyce’s Wednesday Hodgepodge. The number 48 is significant for another reason today, but I’ll get to that in a moment. First, let’s jump right into the questions, shall we?
1. Have you ever been ‘asked’ to report for jury duty? Were you chosen to serve? If not, were you happy or disappointed? So far, I have not been called to report for jury duty. I didn’t register to vote for many years in order to prevent this from happening. I know, I know…I should be ashamed. I finally registered and voted for the first time a couple of years ago. If I am ever chosen for jury duty, I will suck it up and serve to the best of my ability. Whether I am happy or disappointed afterward remains to be seen.
2. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being very), how mechanically inclined are you? Give an example to back up your answer. Um, I would be about a 2. I can remove and replace screws, change batteries, and replace vacuum cleaner bags. That’s pretty much the extent of my talents. I admire mechanically inclined people–especially women.
3. Beets-cabbage-cauliflower-butternut squash….of the four, which is your favorite fall vegetable? Cabbage, but I hate to smell it cooking!
4. What do you recommend to overcome self-pity? The next time you are feeling sorry for yourself, I recommend taking a look around. There is always somebody much worse off–and you don’t have to look far to find them either. Then be thankful for the things that you do have.
5. Do you enjoy classical music? I can and do listen to classical music at times, but it’s not my first choice in music.
6. October is National Book Month…what’s on your reading list this month? I’m still trying to finish Jaycee Duggard’s book “Stolen Innocence”. It’s taken me a while to get back into reading it because my book got wet while I was reading it, and it took me forever to dry the book out. Next on my list of books to read is “The Help”.
7. What is your idea of ‘cute’? My idea of cute is… a baby. Everything about them is cute–and they just can’t help themselves!
Forty-eight years ago my brother married the love of his life. They’ve been on their honeymoon ever since. Happy Anniversary, you two. Here’s a little walk down memory lane for you…Enjoy!