1. Tomorrow I’m going to …clean up my house, and finish getting ready for Christmas. I haven’t wrapped the first present yet! You know, on second thought, the house can wait. I’m going to go visit my mother-in-law. I want to take her a poinsettia and a box of chocolate covered cherries–her favorite things this time of the year.
2. Pudding or Jello? I like both, but I prefer pudding. I used to make chocolate or banana pudding a lot when the children were growing up, but these days Ed and I just eat those little “snack pack” puddings.
3. What book are you currently reading? Nothing at the moment. I bought “The Perfect Christmas” by Debbie Macomber, but I’ve been too busy to read it. I’m having trouble just trying to keep up with everyone’s blogs!
4. What is the first concert you went to see? Ed took me to see Billy Joe Royal not long after we first started dating–a long, long time ago! Who remembers “Down in the Boondocks”? No? You can check out Billy Joe singing his hit song below. I got a laugh out of his suit, and his footwork mid-way through the song 🙂 I think Ed had that same suit!!! Those were the days, weren’t they?
5. What is your current weather? It’s cold, cloudy, and drizzling rain. It looks like true Christmas weather outside! I think the highs for the week are supposed to be in the mid-sixties, which is about right for me.
Weekend Wrap Up: I began the weekend on Friday by doing a little Christmas shopping, then did a little baby sitting after I ran into our oldest son and his wife trying to Christmas shop with their three-year-old. Christina is nearly nine months pregnant, and you know how the stores are this time of the year! I offered to take Caden home with me, so they could shop a little easier.
Once we arrived home, we invited granddaughter, Madison, over to play, too. Both of the grandchildren spent Friday afternoon playing together. At one point I was pretending to be a horse while I pulled Madison and Cade in their sleigh (the wagon). Can I just say–this old gray mare ain’t what she used to be? One trip around the yard and this mare was pooped! And to think I used to keep twins!
On Saturday morning I attended a baby shower for our daughter-in-law. The shower was held at Christina’s sister’s house. Here’s a photo of Christina with her gifts, standing in front of her sister’s upside down Christmas tree. I was so intrigued by that tree! I’d seen pictures of one, but never the real thing!
December 12 is our grandson, Caden’s, third birthday. (Happy Birthday, Caden!) His baby brother is due in two weeks, so I offered to host his birthday party at our house on Sunday to help his mom out. Christina got a cake and some decorations, while I planned a menu for Sunday’s dinner.
I cooked Sunday dinner for the family, then we followed it with birthday cake, ice cream, and presents–lots of presents. Caden didn’t care a thing about the cake, candles, or ice cream, but he loved opening his presents! Caden knew exactly how to open his presents this year, and he opened them with gusto! One of his favorite presents seemed to be this…
We may just have another “handyman” in the making…You know, you just can’t have too many of those around, especially these days!
Have a great Monday, everyone!