It’s Wednesday, which means it’s time for the weekly “Wednesday Hodgepodge”. (Thanks, Joyce!) Here are Joyce’s questions, along with my answers:
1. A new Miss America was crowned on Saturday night-did you watch? If you were a contestant what would your talent be?
No, I didn’t watch it. I stopped watching pageants years ago. I hope I don’t offend anyone, but pageants are just about more than I can stand! Everything looks so “fake”. I would never be a contestant willingly, but if I was ever forced to be one, I’d be in trouble. I can’t sing, dance, or play a musical instrument!
2. Do you have houseplants? Real or fake?
Neither! No plants of any kind in this house, but I do like them! I just can’t keep real ones alive, and I hate to dust the fake ones. Of course, I do have a “year round” tree, if that counts as a fake houseplant!
3. When you were in school did you speak up or were you more of the hide your face, avoid eye contact, and pray the teacher didn’t call on you type of student?
I was the “hide your face, avoid eye contact, pray the teacher didn’t call on me” kind of girl! It’s funny how I grew up and ended up being a “teacher” of sorts, aka “a paraprofessional”. I don’t have a problem talking in front of children–just adults.
4. Next Monday marks the Chinese New Year…what do you order when someone suggests Chinese food? A fortune cookie! It’s about the only Chinese food that I like.
5. How would you define a miracle? What would it take for you to consider something a miracle?
Well, first of all I had no idea how to define a miracle, so I googled the word. (How did we ever function before google?) Google says a miracle is an event attributed to “divine intervention” or an “act of God”. I don’t think I can beat that definition. As for what it takes to make me consider something a miracle…I consider the rising of the morning sun, each day, a miracle. Rain falling out of the sky is a miracle to me. How about the way a newborn baby can go from living inside of its mother’s womb to living outside in the world with the cutting of its umbilical cord and one gulp of air? Now there’s a miracle!
6. What’s your favorite Disney song? If you’re stuck you’ll find a list here.
It’s a Small World has always been a long-time favorite of mine.
7. I should have put my baby swing together yesterday.
Random: You may be wondering why I said” I should have put the baby swing together yesterday”.
It’s because these two are coming to visit for a little while today. I’m babysitting to give their mom a little break. Oh happy day! Grandchildren are my rewards for growing old…