I’m starting off the week by participating in “Meet Me On Monday”, the fun little meme hosted by Heather over at Acting Balanced, and today I’m also joining in a fun new hop called “Make a Friend Monday”, hosted by Michele at “Living On Less”. Memes and blog hops are great ways to meet new bloggers, and I invite you to click on the buttons at the top of this post, to find out more.
Here are Heather’s questions for this week:
1. What was the first live concert you ever attended? The first famous person I ever went to see in concert was Billy Joe Royal, way back in 1969. Ed took me to the concert, not long after we’d begun dating.
2. What colors look best on you? I think autumn colors suit me best. I especially like red.
3. What is one thing about you that most people wouldn’t know? I’m left-handed, but I use my right hand for cutting with scissors and for crocheting.
4. Who would you call to be bailed out of jail? I would hope and pray that I would never need to be bailed out of jail! However, if I ever need to be bailed, I’d call my husband, Ed first. If he’s not available, I’d call my daughter.
5. What do you think is the greatest invention of your lifetime and why? It’s hard to choose, but I think I’ll have to say “the microwave”. I remember the days of not having one, and it took FOREVER to defrost anything–or to bake a potato! The microwave comes in very handy for cooking, heating, or defrosting foods QUICKLY!
Weekend Wrap Up:
I began the weekend by making more bread! I found some bread flour while shopping with my friend, Diane. There is a world of difference in the baking results when using bread flour! At one point, I actually thought the loaf was going to come up out of the top of the break maker! In fact, the top of the loaf was dented from pressing against the lid! My bread didn’t turn out perfect, but it was much better than my first attempt with all purpose flour–and at least the bread was edible. The slices were HUGE! Next time, I’ll use the smaller recipe!
Over the weekend, our temperatures plunged from the 80’s to the 50’s, with lots of wind! The weather wasn’t suitable for doing much, but Ed did manage to prune our pecan trees on Saturday afternoon, while I managed to take a nap!
Ed and I also did our “Dollar General Thing” on Saturday. This means we each used our “five dollar off” coupons when purchasing twenty-five dollars worth of groceries. We do this twice per month, and each time we seem to get less for our money…Sigh. I just don’t think this economy is going to end well…Gas also went up twice this week, as well.
Sunday’s weather was worse than Saturday, and it was a good day to just stay inside and relax, so we did. Ed and I caught up with some television watching, and did some more napping 🙂 So what did you do over the weekend?