I’m feeling lucky today because it’s time for The Wednesday Hodgepodge! I look forward to joining this fun meme each week. Once you read my post, you may want to join the fun! You can do this by clicking on Joyce’s button at the top of this post. Here are this week’s questions:
1. St. Patrick’s Day will be celebrated this coming Saturday…what’s a favorite article of clothing you own that contains a touch o’ the green?Since green isn’t one of my favorite colors, I don’t have much green in my closet, or elsewhere for that matter. I guess my favorite article of green clothing is an old lime green t-shirt from my school days. It has the “Survivor” logo on the front of it, because that show was all the rage back then–and it signified we’d survived yet another school year! We wore the shirts for “Field Day”, the last year I worked at school.
2. What’s a favorite ‘green space’ in the town, state, or province where you live?
My favorite “green space” in the world is the farm on which we live. At the moment, it’s home for our entire family. We all live nestled among many Georgia pines, so it’s always green here–even in the winter! In the spring and summer, when everyone’s grass is freshly mowed, the place looks awesome, especially the lane lined with the pecan trees that Ed’s dad planted. This old farm has been in Ed’s family for over sixty years, and it’s very dear to us.
3. Do you wish you were taller, shorter, or think you’re just about right in the height department?
I’ve always wished I was a little shorter, since my height was always a major “issue” (to me) as a teenager. At a height of 5’8″, I always felt a lot taller than everyone else–especially the boys! Now that I’m getting older ( and probably shrinking) I don’t think about it as much.
4. What’s the surest way for someone to pick a fight with you?
The surest way for someone to “get my panties in a wad” is to mess with my family! The other thing that makes me “feisty” is to tell me that I have to do something that I hate doing!
5. Broccoli-Spinach-String Beans-Peas…of the four, your favorite green veg? (Or the one you dislike the least if that first option’s too hard. I just know there’s some veggie haters out there.)
I like string beans and peas equally–but not english (garden) peas! We eat english peas, occasionally, but I prefer other types of green peas, such as zippers, cream white 40’s or white acre peas.
6. March is National Women’s History Month…besides friends, neighbors and the women you’re related to, who’s a woman in history you admire and why?
Well, I’m going to be honest here. I couldn’t think of anyone, so I googled the list of 100 important women in history, and nobody’s name on the list really jumped out at me. However, since I live near Savannah, GA, and I know it’s the birthplace of Juliette Gordon Low, I’m going to list her as my favorite woman in history. She began The Girl Scout movement, and I find that admirable.
7. Keep Calm and ____keep on keeping________on. (Wow, that sounds just like the 70’s, doesn’t it?)
Random: We have six new residents at our house. They are adorable and fuzzy. I’ll tell you all about them and the ordeal of acquiring them soon. For today, I’ll just show you their picture. (I felt just like a new mom, last night, checking on my babies at 4 a.m.!)