Call me crazy, but even after picking green beans (and garden peas) for over three hours, spending another three hours washing and preparing the beans for canning, then another three hours actually canning those beans–I’m on the computer answering Joyce’s Hodgepodge questions! I just couldn’t stand to not participate, but my answers will be brief this week!
Here we go:
1. What is a pet peeve you have when vacationing?
My pet peeve when vacationing is – making arrangements for all of our animals be fed while we are away–and that’s no easy task because we have SO MANY! It’s much easier to stay home.
2. Would you describe yourself as a light packer or do you need everything in your closet plus the kitchen sink?
I’m a semi-light packer. I always take more than I need, but I don’t take the kitchen sink!
3. What’s the best lesson a child ever taught you?
Sometimes the little things mean the most!
4. Share one piece of advice you’d give a recent graduate as they attempt to enter the job market?
Be very patient and flexible. It may take a while to find your dream job–or any job.
5. What’s your favorite lemon something?
I love lemon cheese cake!
6. Flat sandal, wedge, heel…your favorite footwear?
Crocs, of course!
7. What do you like best about a beach holiday? If you’re not a beach lover (GASP!!) what do you dislike the least?
I love sprawling out in my chair on the beach, and just relaxing!
In all of the hustle-bustle that’s been going on around our house, I neglected to wish our oldest son and his wife a Happy 6th Wedding Anniversary here. Their actual anniversary was this past Sunday, May 6th.
This couple is knee-deep in the busiest and most draining phase of a marriage–raising small children. You know the one–where the house is never neat, there’s mountains of laundry, you barely have time to take a shower, you can forget having any peace and quiet– and oh, and you haven’t had a full night’s sleep in months! Add to that, work, church activities, a little t-ball…
Happy Anniversary, Brett and Christina! Enjoy these crazy, hectic days of marriage and raising children. Don’t blink, they’ll pass before you know it! One of these days you’ll look back, laugh, and wonder where in the world the time went!