Eighty-five? Wow, that’s a lot of questions and answers! I still look forward to Wednesdays, thanks to Joyce and her “Hodgepodge”, and I hope you do, too. If you haven’t joined us yet, today would be a great time to! Now, on to the questions…
1. The Summer Olympics begin next week and London is playing host. If you had the chance to go in person which (non-Olympic) London site would you most like to visit?
I don’t know much about London, but I think I’d like to visit Westminster Abby, the sight of the Royal Wedding. It looks massive, very impressive, and so beautiful…
2. What is something in your life right now that feels like an Olympic event?
Life in general feels like an Olympic event these days! I’ve been fighting a flare up of Lichen Sclerosis, along with a urinary tract infection, and a yeast infection for over two weeks. It hurts to sit, it’s painful to wear fitted clothing–and it’s hot outside! Need I say more?
3. What’s your favorite supper to prepare and serve when it’s too hot to cook?
Anything that Ed prepares on the grill! Hamburgers/hot dogs are always a quick favorite of ours.
4. July 18th is National Get Out of the Doghouse Day…when was the last time you were ‘in the doghouse’?
About 3 weeks ago, when I unwittingly made a comment, which my daughter perceived the wrong way.
5. What television advertisement do you find particularly irritating or inappropriate? You may not answer with ‘all of them’. I know some of you were thinking about it.
Lawyer advertisements! We have a couple of local law firms in our area who have the most disgusting commercials…One of them has a “rap jingle”, while the other has the slogan, “One call does it all!” Here’s the “rap jingle”, which I find particularly disgusting:
6. Share one piece of interesting news from the year you were born.
Let’s see, it was 1954…Nothing came to mind, so I resorted to “Google”. The major news events of 1954 seemed to center around “McCarthyism”. More interesting to me were these prices from 1954: the average price of a house – $10, 250.00, a gallon of gasoline – 22 cents, average cost of a new car – $1,700.00, average monthly rent – $85.00, and the price of a movie ticket – 70 cents. Wow!
7. What’s the best part of your average day?
The best part of any day is having Ed come home from work each afternoon. He always greets me with a smile and a kiss.
The “doghouse question” above brings an old memory back to mind… One year, for Christmas, my sister-in-law gave my parents a little wooden plaque known as “The Doghouse”. On the plaque was a flat red doghouse, with a hook located inside of the doghouse door. Also on the plaque, beside the doghouse were several little dogs, all holding little white frames that you could write names on. The poem on the top of the plaque went like this:
All the family writes their names
On the dogs’ white picture frames
If your temper, you must show
In the doghouse you must go!
Our family had a lot of fun with that plaque, and it seemed like somebody was always in the doghouse!
I couldn’t find a photo of an exact replica, but this plaque is similar: