You’re probably thinking ninety-nine bottles and a hodgepodge? What??? There aren’t ninety-nine bottles in this post, but this is the ninety-ninth hodgepodge! That’s a whole lot of hodgepodge questions! Speaking of questions, here are Joyce’s questions for this week:
1. So, do you like beer?
2. What’s your least favorite repetitive task?
Cleaning the bathroom! Ugh.
3. When was the last time you rode a bus? Where was it headed?
The last time I rode a bus was back in 2005. It was a school bus, and it was headed on a school field trip–I’m not positive, but I think it may have been headed to River Street in Savannah.
4. What song from your childhood or from your own children’s childhood could make a parent’s nerves stand on end?
The song “Ninety-Nine Bottles Of Pop” (or beer) quickly makes my nerves raw! It’s like the sound of nails on a chalkboard to my ears.
5. The US Presidential election cycle is drawing to a close (can I get an AMEN??), and the third and final debate was held last night…what was the last thing you ‘debated about’?
Actually, it was that third and final debate, believe it or not!
6. Can a person make too much money? How much is too much?
As far as I’m concerned, sports figures and entertainers are highly overpaid for what they do! That being said, if someone is willing to pay them a ridiculous amount of money, more power to them for taking advantage of their opportunity, so my answer the question is “No”. This brings me to my next thought…
When did it become such a “crime” in America to be rich?! Becoming successful and making money used to be the American dream, but our current administration seems to have contempt for the rich, and wants to punish the most successful citizens by raising their taxes! Where’s the incentive to work hard–or to work at all for that matter? No wonder there are 47 million people on food stamps! I’m not a rich person. Heck, I’m not even sure I qualify as middle class anymore, but if had a lot of money, I wouldn’t want more of it redistributed! I’ll get off my soapbox now…
7. Pop-soda-coke-something else…what’s it called where you live?
Coke–even if it’s not an actual coke! LOL
I’m praying, praying, praying about the upcoming election. I believe America is at a very important crossroads, and I am praying very hard that our country makes the right choice…God be with us.