I must be on a roll! I’ve managed to write several posts lately, so perhaps my “blogging mojo” is returning. Only time will tell. In the meantime, it’s time to join our hostess, Joyce, and friends for a little Hodgepodge fun!
1. In the USA this coming Sunday millions will be watching as the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49’s in the Superbowl. What was the last event you attended that could be described as super?
The last “sports event” I attended was back in the late 90’s when we attended our last Atlanta Braves baseball game.
2. Share something you’re a fan of these days?
I look forward to Wednesday nights because I’ve become a fan of the television show, “Nashville”. The show has a very interesting story line concerning different singers, song writers, and musicians who are trying to become (or stay) successful in Nashville, with a little politics thrown in for good measure! The cast of the show actually performs their own songs, and they are quite talented! A collection of songs from the first few episodes is already available for purchase through iTunes.
3. How do you feel about wings? In case anyone is confused, I’m talking the edible appetizer kind. What’s your preferred seasoning on a wing-hot, mild, teryiaki, sweet and sour, other? Do you make your own or is there a favorite place you like to go for wings?
I love wings, especially fried or bar-b-que (my bad!) Of course, I’ll eat hot wings, too, but I prefer them to be on the mild side.
4. As long as we’re talking sports today…have you followed the Lance Armstrong story? Did you watch his interview with Oprah and if so what was your reaction to his confession and subsequent remarks?
I’ve heard some of the Lance Armstrong story, but haven’t really followed it. What a disappointment he turned out to be! I only saw a small portion of Oprah’s interview with him, but what little I saw didn’t really help my opinion of the man. What stuck out in my mind was the way he bullied his accusers, and all the while he was guilty!
5. What’s a question you hate to be asked?
One that I don’t know the answer to!
6. The coaches in this Sunday’s big game happen to be real life brothers. Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49er’s and his older brother John Harbaugh coaches the Baltimore Ravens. Were you and your sibling(s) competitive? In what way? Are you still? If you’re an only child how did you handle competition growing up?
No, I don’t think my brother and I were ever what I’d call competitive. He’s nine years older than I am, so we had a bit of an age gap to overcome, especially during my teen years. I would get very upset when he tried to give our parents any advice concerning me. It made me a little resentful. After I married Ed, the age gap seemed to disappear, and we became close with my brother and his wife. We’ve had a lot of great times together, and still do, whenever we have the chance.
7. What’s your favorite game involving a ball and when did you last play?
I don’t really care for sports, but I used to enjoy watching our oldest son play basketball in high school. The last time I remember playing any kind of ball was w-a-y back in the seventh or eighth grade–when I had to for PE class!
Would you believe I ordered a metal detector for Ed on Saturday night, and it arrived around lunchtime on Monday? I didn’t pay for overnight shipping either! In fact, the package was shipped via the postal service! That’s simply amazing!
I decided to go ahead and give the meal detector to Ed, instead of making him wait until Valentine’s Day. He’s only had time to search for an hour or so, but he still hasn’t located his missing pocket knife!