I can’t believe it’s mid-week again! As of yesterday, I’m officially undecorated from Christmas! It only took me nine days… Anyway, it’s time to take a break and join Joyce and friends for another Wednesday Hodgepodge. Here are this week’s questions:
1. What is ONE thing or area in your home or life you hope to report is completely organized when 2013 draws to a close? Do you have a plan to make it happen?
I’d love to get our pool (billiards) room cleaned up and organized. Unfortunately, this room has turned into our “catch-all” room. In addition to housing our pool table, it also serves as a pantry for surplus food, a playroom, AND a craft room. I’d like to clean out and get rid of some excess toys, add another shelf to the storage closet, and complete those half-finished craft projects. Only time will tell if I’m successful…
2. What’s the worst uniform you’ve ever had to wear for a job?
Fortunately, I never had to wear a uniform of any kind. However, at school, we once had a principal who required ALL school employees to “dress like we worked in a bank”‘. As a paraprofessional, I spent a lot of time sitting in the floor, wiping behinds or cleaning up throw up, and working with arts and crafts with the children. Wearing my “Sunday Best” wasn’t very practical (or comfortable), and I ruined more than a couple of outfits before this principal finally left.
3. What was your last kitchen ‘mishap’? This question comes to you courtesy of Betty who blogs over at A Glimpse Into Midlife…everyone go say hi to Betty!
My most recent “kitchen mishap” was last weekend–when I dropped an entire container of fresh blueberries. My $3.99 carton of blueberries rolled all over my black/white kitchen floor.
4. How do you protect yourself from other people’s negativity?
Unfortunately, I don’t.
5. Who in your family do you most resemble (physically)? If you have children, who do people say they favor? Do you agree?
I think I resemble both parents. I can see characteristics of both in myself. People say our daughter looks exactly like me. I agree. She does have her daddy’s eyebrows and crooked little fingers though. Our sons favor me more–or my side of the family, but each son has a couple of Ed’s characteristics, too.
6. January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day…will you be celebrating?
Sadly, due to my health issues, I wasn’t able to celebrate with a bubble bath. I did take a bath in Epsom Salts though.
7. Some of the ‘world’s best winter festivals’ are – Mardi Gras (New Orleans), Quebec Winter Festival (Canada), Sundance Film Festival (Park City, Utah), Rio Carnivale (Brazil), Sapporo Snow Festival (Japan), Venice Carnival (Italy) and the Harbin Ice Festival (Northern China). Of those listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend and why?
I’d probably choose to attend Mardi Gras because we don’t enjoy traveling, and it’s the festival that’s closest to where we live.
I saw this cute video on a morning news show. The couple made it as a “white elephant” Christmas gift for their families. I enjoyed it, so I thought I’d share it.