1. This week marks the beginning of Lent…will you be giving something up or adding anything to your life during this season of the year?
Our religion doesn’t observe Lent, but the good Lord knows I’ve given up plenty during the course of this diet I’m on, and I’d sure like to be able to add some of it back in the future!
2. The day before Lent is Shrove Tuesday… tradition states you eat pancakes on this day. In some parts of the world Shrove Tuesday is actually known as ‘pancake day’. How do you like your pancakes? Or don’t you?
Pancakes are okay, but I don’t eat them often. I actually prefer waffles. If I do eat pancakes, which won’t be anytime soon, I’d prefer them plain, with a little butter and syrup.
3. I’m sure there are many, but what’s one love song you really love?
You are right, Joyce, I have lots of favorite love songs, but a timeless favorite is My Endless Love sung by Diana Ross and Lionel Richie.
I like this video version of it on YouTube. It’s quite appropriate for Valentine’s Day.
4. What are some things you do to let others know you love them?
The usual things– family dinners, meaningful talks, a hug, a kiss, a phone call, an email, a visit, a gift, or some other random act of kindness. Then, of course, there’s this blog–a lasting record of my innermost thoughts and memories.
5. Roses…red, pink, or do you prefer another color? Can you recall the last time someone gave you flowers? Given your choice would you like to open the door and see a dozen red roses, a dozen purple tulips, or a dozen pink peonies?
As for my choice between a dozen red roses, purple tulips or pink peonies, I’d choose the red roses.
6. President’s Day will be celebrated in America next Monday. Does US Presidential history and trivia interest you? Many Presidential homes are open to the public and offer guided tours…Monticello (Jefferson’s home), Mount Vernon (Washington’s home), Montpelier (James Madison’s home), Hyde Park (FD Roosevelt’s home) and The White House (home to the sitting President) to name just a few. Of those listed which would you be most interested in touring? Why?
No, Presidential history and trivia doesn’t really interest me, and never has. Of all of the places listed, I suppose I’d most like to tour The White House because I’m most familiar with it.
7. Are you good at keeping secrets?
Yes, I can keep a secret, but I’m glad to be able to say that I’m a horrible liar.
I went to visit my mother-in-law at the personal care home yesterday. I arrived just in time to sit with her and watch the residents play several games of Bingo. Those Bingo games were courtesy of two kind ladies who come each week and volunteer their time. Bingo winners are awarded prizes from a small basket of goodies furnished by the ladies. After Bingo, the volunteer ladies also entertained with a few hymns on the piano. Thank God for volunteers who give freely of their time and talents, so others can have a brighter day!
Ed, also, went by to see his mom after work yesterday. She told him that I’d been to visit, and we sat around and played cards! I can only imagine the look on his face, since he knows I don’t like to play cards! He couldn’t wait to get home to ask me if this was true!
One other note before I go, we are entering our third straight day of rain today! We’ve received SEVERAL inches of rain, over 4 inches yesterday alone, and it continued to rain hard all through the night! It will take a month of Sundays before all of this water dries up. I’m going to have to borrow Ed’s rubber boots while I go outside to feed the animals this morning!