It doesn’t matter if you are stuck in our part of the country, being plagued by daily downpours of rain, or in another part of the country, suffering from extreme temperatures and drought, the Wednesday Hodgepodge is the perfect ‘escape’ for you! Turn off the television, with all of its post-trial discussions and protests, and join in our fun! As always, thanks to our hostess, Joyce 🙂
Here are today’s questions:
1. Picture postcards were first printed back in the mid-1800’s and deltiology is the official name for postcard collecting. When did you last send a postcard? Receive one? Do you save postcards sent to you? Do you collect and/or send postcards when you travel?
It’s been years since I sent or received a post card! Once upon a time, I used to collect post cards while on vacation, but it’s been years since I’ve done that, too. I still enjoy looking on the post card racks at souvenir shops though!
2. What treat do you most like to indulge in while on vacation?
One of my favorite places to visit, while on vacation, used to be the candy shops. I love chocolate fudge! Sadly, fudge is not on my diet anymore. Sigh. I need to find a new favorite place to visit–and a new favorite treat!
3. Are you good at hiding your feelings?
No, not at all! Unfortunately, my face is quite transparent.
4. Does your town/city/county still deliver telephone books to your home? Do you check the yellow pages when searching for a local business number or has the internet replaced the phone book in your home?
Yes, we still get phone books delivered every year. In fact, we get several phone books every year! Ed and I are still a bit old-fashioned, and most of the time we still depend on our phone book–and our land line, at least for now.
5. Would you rather be first or last?
I’d rather be last, almost always. I hate being first for anything!
6. July is National Park and Recreation Month (in America, but everyone can still play along)…where and when were you last in a park? Did you participate in any recreational activities while you were there?
In May, I went to our local recreational park to watch our grandson play t-ball. Does that count? Other than that, I guess the last time I went to a park was in 2010, while visiting Helen, GA.
7. What was one of your worst ideas?
Rescuing so many animals from our local animal shelter, but I don’t regret it. My heart was in the right place, I just didn’t use my head! So many hungry mouths to feed–and pet food has become ridiculously expensive over the past nine years! During 2004/2005, I adopted 21 cats, 5 dogs, a rabbit, and a parakeet–and paid to have every cat and dog spayed and neutered! It’s now nine years later, and we’re still buying food for 12 cats, 2 dogs, and the parakeet! That’s not counting the four cats that we feed at my MIL’s house!
I’m praying that today will be a dry and sunny day! We haven’t had one of those in QUITE A WHILE! (Yesterday we stayed dry until about 4:30) I’m also praying that these tall pine trees, especially those leaning in toward our house, do not decide to fall over. The ground is so saturated, any kind of stiff winds could be disastrous for us. We’re also buying our drinking water, and I can’t wash clothes either. Fun times!