I can’t believe it’s already Wednesday again! Where does the time go? Wednesday means it’s time to join up with Joyce and friends for a little bit of “Hodgepodge” fun. After a week of being ‘out of things’, it’s good to be back 🙂 Here are Joyce’s questions, along with my answers:
1. When did you last sing happy birthday to someone? When were you last sung to? Does that embarrass you or do you enjoy being the center of attention on your special day?
I can’t remember who I last sang to, but it was most likely one of our sons. Brett had a birthday in May, then Brad had one in July.
It’s funny, but I don’t remember anyone singing to me on my birthday, last month, so it’s most likely been a whole year since anyone sang to me. I get a little embarrassed when I’m the center of attention anyway!
2. Name a famous or ‘infamous’ person (living or deceased) who shares your birth day and month. Is that someone you’d like to meet in person if it were possible?
I don’t know of any famous person who shares my birthday, but a former classmate and close friend does! Her name is Holly, and we were friends throughout school, but were especially close during our senior year of high school. She was one of the servers at mine and Ed’s wedding reception, since we only chose one attendant each at our wedding.
After my daughter was born, Holly hid in the bathroom of my hospital room so she could take pictures of my new baby, when the nurse brought her in for a feeding. Now that’s a friend! I still treasure those photographs today.
I haven’t seen Holly in over thirty years, because she moved away, but I’d love to see her again.
3. Someone hands you a box tied up in a lovely bow…what are you hoping to find inside?
Something pretty! I love all kinds of pretty things–flowers, ‘what-nots’, dolls, dishes, pictures, stuffed animals…
4. What can you guarantee about yourself?
That I will love Ed until I draw my last breath. I’m a blessed woman.
5. Talking art and beautiful cities here…’The Last Supper’ in the Santa Maria della Grazie Abbey in Milan Italy or ‘The Mona Lisa’ in The Louvre, Paris…which would you most like to see up close and in person? Why?
‘The Last Supper’, for no reason, other than I love the painting. I wouldn’t care much about visiting Milan since I don’t care much for traveling.
6. Your favorite dessert?
Any kind of cake, but chocolate or caramel cake are particular favorites!
7. This coming weekend marks the official start of autumn (in the Northern hemisphere)…what is something you do to get ready for fall? What is one thing you’re looking forward to on your fall calendar? Spring or fall-which do you prefer?
I love to decorate the inside and outside of my home for fall. Fall decorations rank high on my list of favorites–right behind my Christmas decorations!
As for one thing I’m looking forward to–I’m especially looking forward to the arrival of our newest grandson, Evan William, who’ll be arriving sometime around Ed’s birthday in November!
While I enjoy fall a lot, I actually prefer spring.
The past week has gone by in a blur! I’m so behind on EVERYTHING, including visiting my blog friends. Please bear with me until I get things a little more organized and under control. There is still so much to be done. And while I’m thinking about it, thanks so much to those of you who expressed such kind words of sympathy during the recent loss of Ed’s mom. I’m blessed to have such a caring group of friends! Special thanks to Joyce, for continuing to host The Wednesday Hodgepodge. It’s still the bright spot in the middle of my week 🙂