It’s volume #208 of The Wednesday Hodgepodge, and I still love it! I still look forward to answering the questions and visiting the participants. I’ve learned many things about myself, and others, through The Hodgepodge. Thanks to our hostess, Joyce, for continuing to make this mid-week fun possible!
1. Have you ever written a love letter? Have you written one recently? Had one written to you? Did you keep it?
Yes, I’ve written many love letters. Ed and I wrote hundreds of love letters to each other, during his time in the army. By the time we got married, I had a small suitcase, filled with Ed’s letters to me. Sadly, when Ed and I married, I left them behind, at my parents’ house, and they threw them away. I’ve wished, many times, that I’d taken those letters with me when I moved!
2. What’s a movie that ends in a way you especially love?
Pretty Woman is one of my all-time favorite movies, and I especially love the way it ends!
3. Something that makes your heart sing? And for those of you who are parents, I mean something besides your children that makes your heart sing?
Let’s see, not having to set an alarm clock every night… waking up every morning, with the one I love… living in a home that’s paid for… having most of our family living nearby (with the rest of them planning to move closer!)… any or all of these things make my heart sing!
4. What’s the last event you had to attend, phone call you had to make, routine task you needed to complete, or meal you had to prepare, that you did do, but only half-heartedly?
Last Sunday morning, I half-halfheartedly vacuumed my bedroom and cleaned the bathroom–two of my least favorite household tasks.
5. Tuna fish salad-yay or blech? If you said yay, how do you like your tuna salad prepared? Hey, this is the Hodgepodge, right?
I like tuna, I just don’t love it. Whenever I make tuna salad, I add chopped, boiled egg, pickle relish, and some Miracle Whip or mayonnaise.
6. What’s something you ‘know by heart‘?
I’ve known Ed’s social security number by heart since 1970! I learned his social security number [before I learned my own] because I wrote it so many times on the envelopes of all of those love letters I wrote him!
7. In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, what two or three word phrase would you write on a conversation heart for someone you love? That someone could be a spouse, child, parent, cousin, bestie…anyone at all whom you love.
“You’re still the one”
So far, week #4 of retirement is going much better than week #3! I hope the trend continues. It’s hard to believe it’s almost been a month already!