It’s time for a little mid-week distraction, otherwise known as The Wednesday Hodgepodge. These days, I can use all the distraction I can get! Thanks so much to our hostess, Joyce, for hosting this fun meme 🙂
1. Have you ever had to wear a uniform? If yes, tell us more. Did you love it or hate it?
I once worked in the office of a radiology department, many moons ago. I didn’t have to wear a uniform, but I had the option of wearing one, and sometimes I did. At times, I enjoyed wearing the white uniforms, but I don’t think I would have enjoyed it as much if a uniform had been required.
2. April 22nd is Earth Day. What is one thing you do personally to be a good steward of planet Earth?
I don’t ever leave litter strewn all about. It makes me sad to see how some people toss litter out of their cars, or leave it in picnic areas and on the beach. I hate finding dirty diapers in store parking lots most of all!
3. Brown rice, quinoa, or couscous…your healthy grain of choice? How often are one of the three on your menu at home? Given a choice between white rice, brown rice, wild rice, and fried rice which would you go for?
I’m going to have to answer ‘brown rice’ because I’ve never tried quinoa or couscous. (Man, I’ve lead a sheltered life!) Lately, you won’t find brown rice on my menu at all. We like brown rice, but it just takes too long to cook! White rice is our rice of choice, even though brown rice is healthier.
4. In your opinion, who has the best job ever?
In my opinion, any person who truly loves their job, and doesn’t mind going to work has the best job ever, no matter what they do. I was that person, once. I didn’t make a lot of money, but I truly loved my job. The salary was just a fringe benefit.
5. What’s a situation in your life currently requiring patience?
At the moment, my entire life is requiring lots of patience–waiting on government agencies, waiting on exterminators, waiting to see if my back is going to completely heal…
6. Do you live your life around days of the week? Explain.
No, I do not live my life around the days of the week. Ed and I are a retired couple, and, as such, we are not tied to a clock or a calendar! The only time we have to worry about time is if we have an appointment. How sweet that is!
7. In a nod to the A to Z challenge happening around town this month, what ‘R word’ best describes your April?
The word rough describes the month of April for us! There have been too many unexpected problems to deal with, this month. I’m hoping and praying May will be kinder.
Here’s the first glimpse of our 2015 spring garden. Ed spent all day, yesterday, hoeing, tilling, and plowing–then he took some pictures. It won’t look like this for long. Unfortunately, the weeds will be back.
lt to rt: peanuts, potatoes, onions, garden peas, squash/cabbage/lettuce, peppers/tomatoes, green beans, butter beans, peas, corn, watermelon
a view from the other end of the garden
(hopefully, the doll and scarecrow will discourage deer)