1. I recently read here about four secrets to happiness from around the world. They were-
Overcome your fears by facing them head on, allow yourself to relax and reset, work to live versus living to work, and find the good in life. Not sure if these are the actual secret to happiness, but which of the four do you struggle with most? Which one comes most easily to you?
I probably struggle most with overcoming my fears and facing them head on. I’m somewhat of an introvert, and am not adventurous at all. I also tend to be anxious. In the end, I usually overcome my fears, but sometimes it’s not an easy journey. Remember, I’m the one who didn’t get her driver’s license until she was 26.
As far as what comes easiest to me, it’s allowing myself to relax and reset. I was forced to learn how to do this twenty years ago, when I came down with RA. Since then, I’ve had to learn how to enjoy the good days, but relax and reset on the bad ones–sometimes hard to do when you have things planned for those days.
2. How would you spend a found $20 bill today?
I think I’d save it for gas money…so I could go back to the beach again! (see #3)
3. Ego trip, power trip, guilt trip, round trip, trip the light fantastic, or trip over your own two feet…which ‘trip’ have you experienced or dealt with most recently? Explain.
My answer would have to be “round trip”, as in we made a round trip to St. Simon’s Island, this past Sunday.
4. If you could master any physical skill in the world what would it be, and how would you use that skill?
If I could master any physical skill, I’d learn how to do construction work. Then I’d put my new skills to work by building a shed to keep Ed’s lawn mower in. We desperately need one, and Ed keeps procrastinating on this project.
5. As July draws to a close, let’s take inventory of our summer fun. Since the official first day of (North American) summer (June 20th) have you…been swimming? enjoyed an ice cream cone? seen a summer blockbuster? camped? eaten corn on the cob? gardened? deliberately unplugged? watched a ballgame? picked fruit off the vine? taken a road trip? read a book? Are any of these activities on your must-do-before-summer-ends list?
These are the summer activities I’ve participated in, so far: Enjoyed an ice cream cone, eaten corn on the cob, deliberately unplugged, picked fruit off the vine, and taken a [short] road trip. I need to get busy and read a book, soon.
6. The Republican Presidential candidates will debate on August 6th. What’s your question?
Can you ‘undo’ the damage the present administration has done to our country?
7. What’s your most listened to song so far this summer?
I’m not sure I have a “most listened to” song, but I always enjoy playing my collection of “summer tunes” on my MP3 player. There’s some Jimmy Buffet (It’s 5 o’clock Somewhere, Margaritaville) on there, some Zac Brown Band (Toes, Knee Deep), and Kenny Chesney (Key Lime Pie, When the Sun Goes Down, Flip Flop Summer), among others. Here’s one of my favorites, Key’s In the Conch Shell ( by Kenney Chesney) from YouTube: (some of the pictures are blurry, but the video is still pretty)
Today, I thought I’d share a photo of the signs I bought to decorate our chickens’ coop.
I like for ‘my girls’ to have nice living quarters. They have their own wind chimes, too 🙂 You know what they say, “Happy chickens lay better eggs.” Our egg count since January? 1106 and counting–and they’re delicious.