I don’t know how everyone else feels, but I’m tickled pink to have The Wednesday Hodgepodge back on-line! Happy, happy, happy ! Our gracious hostess, Joyce, has been busy moving into her new house, but is taking a break to host The Hodgepodge, again. Thanks, Joyce!
Here are the questions for this week:
1. Let’s all think happy thoughts…share one of yours here.
My happy thoughts always center around family. One of my favorite happy memories [this time of the year] is all of us sitting around the Thanksgiving Day table, listening to each other share what we are most thankful for. This is a fairly new tradition for us, and it’s a good one.
2. There’s a Chinese proverb that says, “If you want happiness for an hour take a nap, if you want happiness for a day-go fishing….” What say you? If you want happiness for a day… go to St. Simon’s Island! (It always works for me.)
3. Where do you go to decompress from the world around you?
Sometimes I’ll just go to my bedroom for a while, but if I get the chance, I’ll head for St. Simon’s Island.
4. What song never fails to make you happy?
There are too many to count, but this is one of the many:
5. Wednesday is National Fast Food Day. Should that be a thing? Apparently it is, so tell us what’s the last ‘fast food’ you consumed? If you were putting together your own version of a ‘happy meal’ what would you include?
The last ‘fast food’ I consumed was a Whopper, fries, and a coke from Burger King. We rarely eat there, so I thoroughly enjoy it whenever we do. My version of a ‘happy meal’ would probably be some Kentucky Fried Chicken, with mashed potatoes, cole slaw, and a biscuit. I love it, but, again, we don’t eat it very often anymore.
6. In a few sentences tell us why you blog.
I began my blog as a way to record some of the past stories of my life. In the process I began meeting many interesting bloggers through ‘blog hops’. In fact, I met our hostess, Joyce, through a blog hop, about eight years ago. I really enjoy the interaction with other bloggers, and I’ve learned so much, and ‘met’ some very nice people through blogging. I’ll be celebrating my 9th ‘blogiversary’ in April.
7. List seven things you’re feeling especially grateful for today.
(1) I’m grateful to be a Christian, and thankful my relationship with God is growing stronger. (2) I’m grateful God sent me a kind and loving husband, and has given us 44 happy years together. (3) I’m grateful for three healthy children who’ve grown into productive adults that I’m very proud of. (4) I’m grateful for four healthy, happy grandchildren, who have two loving parents in their homes. (6) I’m grateful for our home, that’s paid for. (7) I’m grateful for improved health, this year. I’m currently off two [of four] prescription meds, and doing okay.
Below is a short video clip of Ed’s recent birthday celebration. Three-year-old grandson, Evan, is leading the singing of “Happy Birthday”. Notice how Evan tries to blow out the candles with his nose. So funny!