We took a break, last week, from The Hodgepodge, but we’re back! Thanks to our hostess, Joyce, for keeping this fun meme alive and well, even during a crazy and very busy summer! Speaking of summer, I don’t know about your neck of the woods, but it has been HOT in our ours!
These days, I never know if I will be able to see “the Hodgepodge Linky” or not, on Wednesdays. If I can’t see it, I have no idea who is playing, so forgive me if I don’t visit. I depend on Joyce’s comments to see who’s playing along, and not everybody leaves a comment.
1. It’s officially summer (in the northern hemisphere anyway). Which summer month is best and why?
I like the month of June best, because it’s mine and Ed’s anniversary month, lots of fresh garden vegetables are ready for picking, and the weather isn’t insanely hot, yet. However, this year has been an exception, as far as the weather goes. We’ve already had several days when the temperatures topped 100 degrees! I can’t help but wonder what July and August will bring our way.
2. Can you swim? How did you learn? June 27th is National Sunglasses Day. How many pair do you own?
I can tread water, but I don’t classify that as swimming. If somebody pushed me into the pool, I’d probably panic and drown! I absolutely hate getting water in my face, too.
I only own one pair of sunglasses because I have to wear prescription sunglasses. I do have a second pair that clip over my regular eye glasses, but I rarely use those.
3. What characteristic do you judge most harshly in yourself? How about in others?
I tend to be overly critical, at times, and I shouldn’t be. Strangely enough, I dislike this characteristic most in others, as well.
4. Robert Frost wrote the now well known poem entitled The Road Not Taken. What’s a road (literal or figurative) you’ve always wanted to travel, and where do you hope it takes you?
I’ve always been intrigued by “The Seven Mile Bridge” in the Florida Keys, so that’s a road I think I’d like to travel. I would certainly hope it would take me from one place to another, and keep me out of the ocean 🙂
photo via Google
5. Popsicles-yay or nay? If you answered yay, what’s your favorite flavor?
Yes, I love Popsicles, especially when it’s hot! My favorite flavor is red, or the red/white/blue kind. This reminds me, I need to replenish my supply!
6. Brexit-on a scale of 1-10 how knowledgeable are you on what’s involved here? (1=very knowledgeable and 10=what’s Brexit) Is this news you’ll follow or is it something you think won’t impact your life in any way shape or form?
Okay, I guess I’m a 10. What’s Brexit? Update: I wasn’t familiar with the term “Brexit, but I do know about the exit. We’ve been following, mostly because of the stock market fall.
7. Share a favorite song on your summer play list.
“Knee Deep” by Zac Brown Band is my favorite (and I made a montage of some of my favorite beach pics, set to it.) I’ve share it before, but it’s been a while.
Ed and I are entering the final phases of our canning season, and we’re glad! On Monday, we spent 13 hours working with vegetables! We’ve had a another successful year, but I think our proudest accomplishment has to be our tomatoes! After trying, unsuccessfully, for four years, we finally grew some tomatoes! These are all ours 🙂
Here’s a picture of the sunflowers blooming in our garden, too. I love my garden flowers!
They’ve really taken a beating with the high temperatures, but they’ve bloomed their hearts out!