Spring has arrived, in all its glory, here in our neck of the woods! The trees are in full bloom, and the azaleas are beginning to burst forth. Temperatures have been in the upper 80’s, this week! Ed and I have been making the best of these glorious days–and I have the sunburn to prove it!
Now it’s time to take a bit of a break, from yard work, and indulge in my favorite mid-week meme, The Wednesday Hodgepodge. This bit of informative fun it brought to us each week by our hostess, Joyce, @ From This Side Of The Pond. Here are this week’s questions:
1. Share a favorite song, book, or movie title containing the word green?
This is an easy question for me because I’ve been playing this ‘oldie’ a lot, lately–Green Grass by Gary Lewis and the Playboys! Good stuff! Below is a nice YouTube version of this great old song.
2. Ralph Waldo Emerson is quoted as saying, ‘Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.’ Would you agree? Are you a believer in luck?
Well, go ahead and call me shallow, but I do believe in luck, somewhat. For example, two people, equally qualified, apply for a job. One gets the job, while the other doesn’t. How about, two people purchase a lottery ticket, and one person wins while the other doesn’t? Explain it anyway you want, but I call it luck.
3. Spring water, Hot Springs, handspring, spring fling, spring break, spring fever, offspring…which ‘spring’ word best applies to something in your day, week, or life right now?
At the moment, I could easily choose a couple of these answers, but I’m going with “spring fever” because Ed and I have been as busy as bees sprucing up around the yard. There’s something about spring that makes us want to clean and paint everything outside! Everything is looking much better, thanks to several recent days of ‘fun in the sun’!
4. What’s something you do to make yourself look or feel more confident?
I have my hair cut and styled every five weeks. I look forward to that appointment very much!
5. It’s National Celery Month…are you a fan? If so, what’s a snack or dish you enjoy that calls for celery?
6. What’s one thing you wish you’d learned sooner?
Pay yourself first! A word to young folks here: If you think you don’t have enough money to live on and save for your future–find a way!!! Retirement comes a lot quicker than you think.
7. Would you like to own a second home? If so where would you want that home to be?
First of all, let me say how thankful I am that we own the home we live in. It’s ours, paid for in full, except for the yearly taxes we have to pay. (A lot of people can’t say that.) Second, let me say that we are currently responsible for a second home (Ed’s parents’), for now. Having a second home to see about is more headache and responsibility! All of that being said, if money was no object, and I could hire some caretakers, I’d love to own a second home at the beach–right on the water, if possible! (Might as well dream big, right?)
Sending get-well wishes to this little cutie, who is currently battling a double ear infection (on the heels of a stomach virus)! I hope you feel better soon, Evan!!! In the picture, Evan had been decorating a shamrock for St. Patrick’s Day. I’d say he enjoyed himself, wouldn’t you?
photo from Jennifer’s Facebook page