1. ASAP typically stands for ‘as soon as possible’. What else could it stand for in your life right now?
A Simple Answered Prayer. (see random)
2. Are you the last person to speak up in a group or the first to have an idea? Why do you suppose that is? Is it a good thing or no?
It depends on who else is in that group. If family members are in the group, there’s a good chance I might be one of the first to speak up or have an idea. Otherwise, not so much. Family is more important to me than anything in the world, so I’d likely speak up, if I thought I could help.
3. What do you remember best about being 12?
I remember feeling more independent at age 12, because I was in the seventh grade, which meant I was now attending classes at the local high school. It was also the year I discovered boys. I experienced several ‘crushes’ when I was 12, including one on the guy who would eventually become my husband. 🙂 The thing I remember most about being 12 was the absolute horror of experiencing the start of my first “monthly cycle”, during my 7th grade math class! Think of it this way: a personal crisis, a mean teacher, and me being afraid to ask permission to leave class. Fortunately, I finally got up my nerve to ask to go to the bathroom, and she said yes. Thank God for those “little machines” in girls’ restrooms and for a pair of shorts I had in my locker.
4. January 18th is National Winnie the Pooh Day. Which character do you relate to the most, and why? If you’re stumped go here for inspiration.
I’m often like Eeyore, who’s a bit on the slow-moving, pessimistic side, while Ed tends to be more like Tigger, who’s eager and usually happy. I guess we balance each other out, who knows?
5. What’s an app you use that helps simplify or make life easier for you in some way?
I don’t use any apps. And, yes, I’m still living in the dark ages.
6. San Francisco (CA), San Diego (CA), San Juan (PR) San Antonio (TX) Sanibel (FL)…you have an all expenses paid long weekend to one of these destinations. Which one do you choose and why?
I’d choose Sanibel because it’s in Florida, and it’s also located along the Gulf of Mexico. What more can I say? Also, it wouldn’t be too far to travel, and, perhaps, I’d get a chance to see my brother and sister-in-law, too. (They live in Florida)
7. Share with us a song that makes you feel nostalgic? For what?
I always feel nostalgic (and sad) when I hear the song “Rainy Night In Georgia” (by Brook Benton) which was popular while Ed was in army basic training. Hearing this song takes me right back to the fall of 1969, and I still recall those feelings from long ago…
Ed and I were young, in love, and we were separated. The song is sort of sad, which is how we both felt about being apart. I think the words of the last verse accurately describe our feelings at the time:
I hold your picture to my chest
And I’m all right
A rainy night in Georgia
I believe it’s rainin’ all over the world